Things that CAN be put into a recycling container:
Paper (paper bags, newspaper) No shiny paper inserts or magazines are accepted.
Cardboard boxes (broken down) without tape and no shiny cardboard or pizza boxes.
#1 & #2 Plastic Bottles (Must be washed, rinsed clean, and dried)
Examples of #1:
- soft drinks, water and other beverage bottles
- Detergent and cleaning containers
- Peanut butter plastic jars, salad dressing
Examples of #2:
- milk and water jugs
- shampoo bottles
Aluminum cans (washed and dried, no tabs)
Things that should NOT be put in recycling bins
- No Liquids
- No Food trash
- No plastic bags
- No Clothing or fabric
- No Styrofoam
- No wax coated cardboard or paper
- No plastic tubs or cups
- No Glass
ONLY AT THE LANDFILL:
In the battery bin:
- lead acid batteries (vehicle, golf cart, lawn mower batteries)
- Household batteries (9volt, AA, AAA, C, D)
- Rechargeable batteries
Tires: passenger tires – up to 4 – then charges per Meridian Waste
Waste Oil– please call the landfill before taking because of storage limitations.
No Glass Recycling– at this time CFS does not have a glass receiving vendor.